Friday, March 24, 2006

Kelly Doran Statement on Dropping out

Press release from the Kelly Doran campaign:

St. Paul – Kelly Doran today issued the following statement regarding the end of his campaign for governor.

“It is with deep regret that I announce the end of my campaign for governor. I love Minnesota and started this process with hope and aspirations that we could capture the desires of many to bring leadership that would unite our state, back to the governor’s office.

“Sheila and I traveled thousands of miles around this great state and met with thousands of our fellow Minnesotans. We learned much, but nothing came through clearer than one thing. It didn’t matter whether we were listening to Democrats, Independents or Republicans, the people of Minnesota are tired and frustrated with partisan politics. They want honesty and results. They want their leaders to tell them the whole truth, without the spin. The people of this state are very smart, they can handle the truth.

“My decision has nothing to do with any recent polls. The race for the governor is only beginning and I believe it will be very competitive.

“I committed much to this process.

“Many will disagree with my decision, and I am sure I have disappointed many others, particularly the thousands of people who have supported our efforts. I regret that, but I have decided to put the interests of my family first. This is very hard, but I ask for understanding.

“I have been honored to meet so many great people of all political backgrounds, far too many to name each individually. It always amazed me that so many people willingly, regardless of their own political views, gave of their time to meet with me and I learned so much from each of them.

“I am proud to have assembled such a great campaign team. I will miss them all.

“Although I have only known Sheila Kiscaden for a few months, I fully understand why so many have the feelings and regards that they have for her. Sheila is an outstanding person, who strongly believes in our state and our future and I am grateful for her willingness to be part of our effort. We will remain friends and Sheila will always have my support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home